The 1st FotoQuest brought to you by brunei.events is a unique first of its kind of photography contest in Brunei Darussalam where participants are required to first answer a specific set of questions related to the four districts of our country and then to capture the images of their answers as part of their contest submission.
The contest will run from 15th July 2020 in conjunction with His Majesty’s 74th Birthday and will go on for two months until 15th September 2020.
There are two categories for participants to join –
- Category 1: DSLR/Mirrorless
- Category 2: Smartphone
Don’t miss the chance to explore the country’s gems and your chance to win attractive prizes!
How to Participate
To participate the 1st FotoQuest brought to you by brunei.events, you will need to
- Go to Fotoquest 2020
- Find the Register button. It will lead you to the Registration eForm.
- Once on the eForm, fill in the necessary details. Duly note that all fields are mandatory.
- Choose a category.
- Upon successful registration, you will receive an e-mail containing your participation kit.
- If you want to participate in both categories, you will have to register one more time as it will give you a unique ID.
How to Submit your entries
To submit your photos, you will need to use www.mintydrop.com – a Brunei based file transfer platform that provides secure and easy-to-use file sharing for you and your business.
- Once you’ve collected your answers and named them according to the Submission format, you may upload the files into www.mintydrop.com
- Make sure that your Upload Settings is set to “Link”
- Once MintyDrop finishes uploading your files, a link will be generated for you. (eg. https://mintydrop.com/FotoQu35t). Keep a record of this link.
Once you have your MintyDrop link, you may then proceed to the Submission eForm. In that eForm, you are responsible for providing a valid link pertaining to your entry answers. The organiser shall not be responsible for any inadmissible links that are not raised to our attention within the Submission Period.
If by any chance, you may have mistakenly provided a broken link in your Submission eForm, please e-mail us at email@example.com immediately with your Issue together with your Registration ID.
You may then proceed to make another Submission through your eForm with your unique Registration ID.
Check out the video below on how to use MintyDrop
Frequently Asked Questions
The last day to register is August 31st 2020 at 11.59pm
No. All photos are to be submitted online via a file-sharing platform.
4mb to 6mb in digital JPEG format for final submission.
Registered participants will need to upload their photographs on www.mintydrop.com and the link provided by MintyDrop needs to be included in the submission form on brunei.events.
All citizens and residents of Brunei Darussalam over 18 years of age with a valid IC can join the contest (Yellow, Red/Purple and Green).
For Category 1: DSLR/Mirrorless, it is $20
For Category 2: Smartphone, it is $10
Yes. As all registrations are made online, payments too, must be made online.
There are 20 questions that will bring photographers around Brunei in search of the answers.
Are there any specific manners in which the subjects need to be taken?
No. Once the participant has the answer right for the question, it is up to their creativity to find the best representation the essence of the answer, so long as the photo depicts any part of, or makes the riddle answers identifiable.
No. All entry photos submitted for the contest must not carry any Watermarks. More details can be found on the event Terms and Conditions.
Winners will be announced within 2 weeks after the contest finishes, by September 30 2020.
Terms & Conditions
- The 1st FotoQuest, brought to you by brunei.events (“contest”) is a photography contest that requires participants to answer a set of contest questions correctly as the answers determine the photographs (i.e. answers) they submit for this contest.
- By registering for the contest, participants signify their agreement and acceptance of the Terms and Conditions (T&Cs) stated herein and shall exempt the Organiser from any claims against any accidents or injuries they sustain during the contest period.
- The Organiser reserves the right to disqualify any participant who has breached the T&Cs of the contest.
- All residents of Brunei Darussalam are eligible to participate in the contest, provided that they have a valid IC (yellow, red/purple, green) and are 18 years old and above.
- Employees of the organiser, its affiliates and/or related companies, management and stakeholders are not eligible to participate in the contest.
- Registration opens on 15 August 2020 and closes on 31 August 2020.
- Contest starts on 01 September 2020 and ends on 30 September 2020 (“contest period”).
- The contest offers two categories:
- Category 1: DSLR/Mirrorless users
- Category 2: Smartphone users
- The registration fee are as follows:
- Category 1: B$20.00 (Brunei Dollars Twenty) per participant
- Category 2: B$10.00 (Brunei Dollars Ten) per participant
- Participants can register for either or both categories separately as each category registration will provide participant with a unique Reference ID for the contest.
- Registration is available online at www.brunei.events
- Payment made is non-refundable.
- Online registration will be deactivated on 01 September 2020.
- Participants can submit their photographs anytime during the contest period.
- Submissions received after the contest period i.e. after 30 September 2020 will be automatically disqualified.
- Submission must be done online at www.brunei.events
- Participants are free to use their own perspectives and creativity to capture any kind of essence of the intended subjects, as long as the photographs of the intended subjects can be easily identified as the answers to the contest questions.
- Participants may submit one photograph per contest question. Participants therefore should choose the best photograph as the answer to the contest question.
- Participants who submit more than one photographs to a contest question shall have the first photograph defaulted as the submitted answer and the remaining photographs will be disqualified.
- Each photograph may be in the size range of 4MB to 6MB.
- Due to the large size of the photographs, all participants must use the link obtained from MintyDrop.com, a Brunei-based file transfer platform that provides a secure and easy-to-use file sharing to submit online.
- All photographs must be submitted in JPEG format and in full colour.
- All photographs must not have watermarks.
- All photographs must be taken during the contest period. Photos taken outside of the contest period will be automatically disqualified.
- 25. Photograph file names must be submitted base on this format
.jpg (Example: Q1KubahMakamDiraja.jpg)
- Judging of the submissions shall take place within the two (02) weeks after contest period has ended.
- Submissions shall be judged for Top 10 ranking and Most Beautiful Photograph.
- For Top 10 ranking, submissions shall be judged in the order of the criteria process below:
- The highest total number of correct answers
Participants will be shortlisted according to the number of questions they have correctly answered.
- The creativity and composition of the photographs
Shortlisted participants will have their correct answers i.e. photographs judged based on their overall creativity and composition. Photographs that do not meet the judges’ expectations shall be dismissed from the number of correct answers submitted.
- The creativity and composition of the photographs
Shortlisted participants shall be ranked from the most to least number of answers remaining after judging criteria processes A and B are completed.
- For Most Beautiful Photograph, submissions shall be judged based on the creativity, composition and overall quality of the photograph. The photograph will not be judged for its correct answer.
- Decisions by the Organiser and contest judges are final and no queries will be entertained
- The contest offers the following prizes to the top three highest ranked participants of each category:
|Category 1: DSLR/Mirrorless Users
||Prize worth B$1,000.00
||Prize worth B$600.00
||Prize worth B$300.00
|Category 2: Smartphone Users
||Prize worth B$600.00
||Prize worth B$400.00
||Prize worth B$200.00
- The top 10 ranked participants of each category shall be given a Certificate of Participation and a FotoQuest goodie bag.
- The Most Beautiful Photograph winner shall be given FotoQuest Most Beautiful Photograph plaque, a Certificate of Participation and a FotoQuest goodie bag.
- All winners will be notified via telephone and email to attend the Prize Giving Ceremony. Further details shall be disclosed in the telephone call and email.
- Participants who do not respond to the winners’ notification or cannot attend the Prize Giving Ceremony shall forfeit their prizes and ranking.
RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- All participants shall comply with all the rules and regulations of the contest.
- All participants shall be legally liable for copyright related issues of their own photos.
- In the event that winning participant’s photograph is found to breach any copyrights, the ranking and prize awarded to that participant shall be forfeited.
- brunei.events, Mix Mediaworx Sdn Bhd and Brunei Tourism will retain the rights to use any photographs submitted to the contest without consent and compensation to the participants.