Karya Kami is brought to you by brunei.events, the first of its kind of t-shirt design competition in Brunei Darussalam. With Karya Kami we hope to provide local artists with a platform to create their own unique interpretations of the theme "Brunei Heritage”on a chosen canvas i.e. t-shirts.
The Top 5 designs will be produced and sold exclusively on brunei.events. Registration is free of charge. Registered artists can submit as many designs as they want before the submission period closes.
Registration opens 01 October 2020.
Submission period closes 15 November 2020.
How to Participate
To participate the 1st Karya Kami brought to you by brunei.events, you will need to
- Go to the Registration Form tab.
- Once on the eForm, fill in the necessary details. Duly note that all fields are mandatory.
- Upon successful registration, you will receive an e-mail containing your participation kit. (Please check the spam or junk folder incase the e-mail gets filtered)
- You can also get the T-Shirt Template by clicking here.
How to Submit your entries
To submit your photos, you will need to use www.mintydrop.com – a Brunei based file transfer platform that provides secure and easy-to-use file sharing for you and your business.
- Make sure that your Upload Settings is set to “Link”
- When your files have been uploaded successfully, a unique link will be generated for you. Please ensure your copy and save the link for your submission use.
Once you have your MintyDrop link, you may then proceed to the Submission eForm. In that eForm, you are responsible for providing a valid link pertaining to your files. The organiser shall not be responsible for any inadmissible links that are not raised to our attention within the Submission Period. If by any chance, you may have mistakenly provided a broken link in your Submission eForm, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org immediately with your issue together with your Registration ID. You may then proceed to make another Submission through your eForm with your unique Registration ID.
Terms and Conditions
- Karya Kami is a t-shirt design competition organised by brunei.events (the Organiser) to provide local artists with a platform to create their own unique interpretations of the theme “Brunei Heritage” on a chosen canvas i.e. t-shirt.
- The top 5 designs selected will be produced as t-shirts and sold exclusively on brunei.events.
- By registering for the contest, the artists signify their agreement and acceptance of the Terms and Conditions (T&Cs) stated herein.
- The Organiser reserves the right to disqualify any artist who has breached the T&Cs of the competition.
- All residents of Brunei Darussalam are eligible to participate in the competition, provided that they have a valid IC (yellow, red/purple, green).
- There will be no age limit to participate in this competition.
- Employees of the Organiser, its affiliates and/or related companies, management and stakeholders are not eligible to participate in the competition.
- Competition begins from 01 October 2020 until 15 November 2020. (“competition period”).
- Artists must register exclusively online at brunei.events to receive a unique ID for their submissions.
- Designs submitted by artists need to adhere to the given theme which is ‘Brunei Heritage’. Brunei Heritage can mean but not limited to local landmarks, food, culture, kueh Melayu, flora and fauna, traditional games (mainan tradisi), local language or slang, Islamic art, handicrafts, places of interests, boats, people of interests, style, musical instruments, etc. that represents Brunei and its heritage.
- Designs must be done on the chosen canvas provided. Artists may download the canvas template at brunei.events.
- There is no limit to the number of submissions the artist wishes to make.
- Artists may submit their designs anytime during the competition period or latest by 15 November 2020 before 5:00 pm.
- Submissions received after the competition period or after 5:00 pm on 15 November 2020 will be automatically disqualified.
- Submission must be done online at brunei.events.
- Due to the potential large size of the designs, artists must upload and use the link obtained from mintydrop.com, a Brunei-based file transfer platform that provides a secure and easy-to-use file sharing to submit online.
- Designs must be submitted as a PDF in high resolution with 300 ppi, and in full colour or in black-white.
- Designs submitted must not have watermarks. However, credit or recognition will be given to the artists whose designs will be selected and produced as t-shirts to be sold on brunei.events.
- Judging of the submissions shall take place within the two (02) weeks after competition period has ended.
- Submissions shall be judged on the relevance of the design to the given theme ‘Brunei Heritage’, creativity and composition of the design, and how well the designs can be adapted to a t-shirt and produced for sale.
- The judges for this competition will be the Chief Executive Officer cum Chief Creative Officer Mr. Azlan Ahmad, Deputy Chief Creative Officer Mr. Hamdi Matussin and Creative Director Mr. Azran Yusof from Mix Media, a member of MIXMEDIAGROUP and the agency that manages brunei.events.
- Decisions by the Organiser and judges are final and no queries will be entertained.
- The top 5 designs selected by the judges will be produced into limited edition t-shirts, sold exclusively online on brunei.events.
- Proceeds from the sales of the t-shirts shall be shared between the artists whose designs were selected for production and the Organiser at 40%-60% respectively.
- Artists of the top 5 designs will be notified via telephone. Further details shall be disclosed in the telephone call.
RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Artists shall comply with all the rules and regulations of the competition.
- Artists shall be legally liable for copyright related issues of their own designs.
- By registering for Karya Kami, artists shall give the rights of their submitted design(s) to the Organiser for use of the designs without consent or compensation to the artists. The Organiser shall credit the artist(s) for the use of any designs submitted.