Virtual Hunt – Experience the fun without leaving the home!
Brunei Events is proud to present the Virtual Treasure Hunt - Holiday Edition, an engaging team challenge that aims to test your mind and mettle, all from the comfort of your own home!
Teams of 4 people will work together to solve a series of mind-bending riddles and challenges and scope out hunt locations online as they compete for the prize pool valued up to B$2000! Each team will also stand a chance to win fantastic lucky draw prizes to add to more of the fun!
How does it work? Registered teams will be given a set of instructions and clues to find the answers online. Teams will need to answer all the questions and submit within an allocated time. Further detailed information will be provided during a briefing on Thursday, 23 December 2021 via Zoom application before the event day.
So do you feel like you’ve got what it takes? Register now and join in the action!
Be sure to follow us on Instagram and on Facebook to keep notified on the Virtual Treasure Hunt!
How to Register
To register, simply click on the Register Now button and fill in the necessary details. Please note that all fields are mandatory.
The last day to register is Sunday, 19th December 2021 by 11:59pm.
The early bird promotion for registration is B$100 for a team of four. After 11th December 2021, the standard registration fee of B$120 will apply.
Once registration and payment is complete, you will receive a confirmation email for your participation and will be contacted in the coming weeks to collect your Treasure Hunt pack.
Be sure to follow us on Instagram and on Facebook to keep notified on the Virtual Treasure Hunt!
Frequently Asked Questions
All citizens and residents of Brunei Darussalam with a valid IC can join this event (Yellow, Red/Purple and Green).
The Virtual Treasure Hunt – Holiday Edition will be taking place Sunday, 26th December 2021. Flag off will begin at 8:00am.
The whole event will take approximately four (4) hours. Once teams are ready on event day, the Brunei Events Team will publish a link to all the clues and questions and the event timer will begin.
Each team must consist of four members so pick your members wisely!
You’ll just need to install the Zoom app on your preferred device and have a stable internet connection!
Yes, the pre-event briefing will be held late afternoon to evening on Thursday, 23 December 2021. A link will be provided to the participating teams to join a Zoom call to find out the format of the questions!
The last day to register is Sunday, 19th December 2021 by 11:59pm.
The goodie bag collection will be held for two days at the Knowledge Hub, Anggerek Desa Technology Park, Simpang 32-37, Berakas, Bandar Seri Begawan. On Friday, 24 December 2021 from 2:00pm to 5:00pm and on Saturday, 25 December 2021, 2:00pm – 5:00pm.A drive-through will be organised for participating team captains or representatives to pick up the goodie bags for their team.
The Early Bird registration fee is B$100 for each team of four. The standard rate of B$120 will apply for registrations after 11th December 2021.
Registration and payment can be made online via the brunei.events website. Click on ‘Register now’ and follow the onscreen instructions. Once registration and payment are completed, you’ll receive a confirmation email.
Please note that you’ll be contacted to have your Treasure Hunt delivered and completion eCertificates will be sent to the registered email.
You can call us at +673 898 3827 (between 8:00am to 5:30pm, Monday to Friday) or you contact us via our website.
Virtual Treasure Hunt 2021 – Terms & Conditions
These are the terms and conditions (the “Agreement”) governing your participation in brunei.events (“brunei.events” or the “Organiser”) Virtual Treasure Hunt 2021 event, briefing and post-event briefing (the “Virtual Event”).
If you are registering on behalf of other individuals on your team (“you” or “Participant” or “Participants”), it is your responsibility to ensure that they are aware of these terms and accepts them. By completing the registration for a team, you are warranting that you and your team members are aware of and have accepted these terms.
In registering for the event, participants agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Participant Requirements
- Access. Your payment and registration entitles you to access to the Virtual Event for which you have registered. Any and all other costs associated with your attendance shall be borne solely by you, and brunei.events shall have no liability for such costs.
- Use of Likeness. By participating in the Virtual Event you acknowledge and agree to grant brunei.events the right to record, film, live stream, photograph, or capture your likeness in any media now available or hereafter developed and to distribute, broadcast, use, or otherwise globally to disseminate, in perpetuity, such media without any further approval from you or any payment to you. This grant to brunei.events includes, but is not limited to, the right to edit such media, the right to use the media alone or together with other information, and the right to allow others to use or disseminate the media.
- Virtual Event Content. You acknowledge and agree that brunei.events, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to change any and all aspects of the Virtual Event, including but not limited to, the Virtual Event name, themes, content, program, hosts, moderators, venue, and time.
- Prohibited Conduct
- Limitations on Use. By registering for a brunei.events Virtual Event you agree not to sell, trade, transfer or share your access link and/or code, unless such transfer is granted by the Organiser. By registering for a paid Virtual Event, you agree not to share, sell or trade your access. If brunei.events determines that you have violated this policy, brunei.events may cancel your access, retain any payments made by you, report you to law enforcement authorities, and ban you from future Virtual Events.
- Disruptive Conduct. You acknowledge and agree that brunei.events reserves the right to remove you from the Virtual Event if brunei.events, in its sole discretion, determines that your participation or behaviour create a disruption or hinder the Virtual Event or the enjoyment of the Virtual Event content by other attendees.
- Recording, Live Streaming, and Videotaping. Participants may not record or broadcast audio or video of sessions at brunei.events Virtual Events.
- Unethical/Non-Compliant Business Practices. brunei.events reserves the right to deny participation to anyone who engages in or is reputed to engage in unethical or non-compliant business practices.
- In addition to the requirements and prohibitions set forth in this Section 2, brunei.events may also exclude any prospective participant from registering for or participating in any Virtual Event, in brunei.events’s sole discretion.
- Fees and Registration
Payment. The payment of the applicable fee for the Virtual Event is due prior to registration. If such payment is insufficient or declined for any reason brunei.events may refuse to allow you to access the Virtual Event and shall have no liability in that regard.
- Cancellation and Quality Assurance
- Cancellations are subject to the entire Virtual Event fee. All sales are final. No payments will be refunded or refundable. Please note that if you do not cancel and do not access the Virtual Event, you are still responsible for payment. In no event shall brunei.events be obligated to refund all or a portion of the registration fee.
- If brunei.events is prevented from carrying out its obligations as it pertains to the Virtual Event you registered for as a result of any cause beyond its control, or such Virtual Event cannot be Virtually conducted because of a software or issue with the hosting platform or due to acts of God, strikes, labour disputes, government requisitions, restrictions or war or apparent act of war, terrorism, disaster, civil disorder, epidemic or pandemic, curtailment or restriction on transportation facilities, or any other comparable calamity, casualty or condition (collectively a “Force Majeure”) brunei.events shall have the right to immediately terminate the affected Virtual Event without liability and shall be relieved of its obligations to Registrant. If the affected Virtual Event is terminated due to a Force Majeure occurrence before the day of the Virtual Event, then brunei.events will reschedule the affected Virtual Event and your registration fee will be applied to the rescheduled Virtual Event.
- Virtual Event Registration Confirmation
- Once you have completed your registration, you will receive your registration confirmation by email. Please ensure that your valid email is entered correctly on the registration form. Be sure to check your junk email box too in case any of your Virtual Event email(s) are caught by spam filters.
- You will receive essential information for registered attendees electronically at the email address and mailing address that are provided on your registration form.
- In addition, you will also be added to the Virtual Event participant list for notifications of future Virtual Events.
- If you would like to opt-out of any of these benefits, a link is provided in each email to provide the ability to opt-out.
- Your Privacy Is Important to Us
- “Personal Data” is any information that enables us to identify you, directly or indirectly, by reference to an identifier such as your name, identification number, location data, online identifier or one or more factors specific to your physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity.
We may collect and process the following Personal Data:
- Contact information, which you provide when corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our Site and when you report a problem with our Site. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address, phone number, financial information and/or credit card information.
- Due payment information, including financial information such as credit/debit card and account numbers used to process your Virtual Event registration and/or payment.
- We collect information that is sent to us automatically (non-Personal Data) by your web browser and we may use this information to generate aggregate statistics about visitors to our Site, including, without limitation:
We may use non-Personal Data for various business purposes such as providing customer service, fraud, market research and improving our Site. Please check your web browser if you want to learn what information your browser sends or how to change your settings.
- IP addresses
- Browser type and plug-in details
- Device type (e.g., desktop, laptop, tablet, phone, etc.)
- Operating system
- Local time zone
- We may use Personal Data that you provide directly to us for the following purposes:
- to carry out our obligations arising from your Virtual Event registration, or any other contract entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and Virtual Event registration services that you request from us;
- to organize Virtual Events that you have purchased or registered for, and to provide you with information, and other materials, relating to the content of the Virtual Event, the speakers, sponsors and other attendees;
- to provide our newsletter and other publications, provided you have given your consent;
- to respond to your questions and provide related Virtual Event registration services;
- to provide you with information about other Virtual Events, products and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased, provided you have not opted-out of receiving that information;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about Virtual Events, products or services we feel may interest you, provided you have given your consent;
- to transfer your information as part of a merger or sale of the business;
- to notify you about changes to our Virtual Events; and
- to ensure that content from our Site is presented most effectively for you and your computer.
- We may share your Personal Data for the purposes described in this Notice with:
- a member of our group
- partners, suppliers and sub-contractors, for the performance of obligations arising from your Virtual Event registration, or any other contract we enter into with them or you or to provide you with the information, products and Virtual Event registration services that you request from us
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Site
- trusted third-party companies and individuals to help us provide, analyse, and improve the Site and our Virtual Event registration services (including but not limited to data storage, maintenance services, database management, web analytics and payment processing)
- if brunei.events or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case Personal Data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets. We will only transfer your Personal Data to trusted third-parties who provide sufficient guarantees in respect of the technical and organisational security measures governing the processing to be carried out and who can demonstrate a commitment to compliance with those measures.
- We will never sell or rent your Personal Data to third parties without your opt-in consent.
- Although we use security measures to help protect your Personal Data against loss, misuse or unauthorised disclosure, we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted to us over the internet.All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers.Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
- We will store your Personal Data, in a form which permits us to identify you, for no longer than is necessary for the purpose for which the Personal Data is processed. We may retain and use your Personal Data as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements and rights, or if it is not technically reasonably feasible to remove it. Consistent with these requirements, we will try to delete your Personal Data quickly upon request.
- Intellectual Property
- All intellectual property rights in and to the Virtual Event, the Virtual Event content, and all materials distributed at or in connection with the Virtual Event are owned by brunei.events or the Virtual Event sponsors. You may not use or reproduce or allow anyone to use or reproduce any trademarks or other trade names appearing at the Virtual Event, in any Virtual Event content or in any materials distributed at or in connection with the Virtual Event for any reason without the prior written permission of brunei.events.
- For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in this Agreement shall be deemed to vest in you any legal or beneficial right in or to any trademarks or other intellectual property rights owned or used under license by brunei.events or any of its affiliates; nor does this Agreement grant to you any right or license to any other intellectual property rights of brunei.events or its affiliates, all of which shall at all times remain the exclusive property of brunei.events and its affiliates.
- Disclaimer of Warranties, Limitation of Liability
- brunei.events gives no warranties in respect of any aspect of the Virtual Event or any materials related thereto or offered at the Virtual Event and, to the fullest extent possible under the laws governing this Agreement, disclaims all implied warranties, including but not limited to warranties of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy, timeliness, and merchantability. The Virtual Event is provided on an “as-is” basis. The views, opinions, and positions expressed by the hosts, attendees, or sponsors at the Virtual Event are theirs alone and do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, or positions of brunei.events or any employee thereof. Virtual Event makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, timeliness, suitability, or validity of any information presented by hosts, attendees or sponsors at a brunei.events Virtual Event and will not be liable for any errors, omissions or delays in this information or any losses, injuries or damages arising from its display or use. brunei.events does not endorse, and expressly disclaims all liability relating to, any of the products or services provided by hosts, attendees, or sponsors.
- Except as required by law, neither brunei.events nor its affiliates shall be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential costs, damages or losses arising directly or indirectly from the Virtual Event or other aspect related thereto or in connection with this Agreement.
- The maximum aggregate liability of Virtual Event for any claim in any way connected with, or arising from, the Virtual Event or this Agreement, whether in contract, tort or otherwise (including any negligent act or omission), shall be limited to the amount paid by you to brunei.events under this Agreement.
brunei.events’s failure to exercise any right provided for herein shall not be deemed a waiver of any further rights hereunder. brunei.events shall not be liable for any failure to perform its obligations hereunder where such failure results from any cause beyond brunei.events’s reasonable control.
If any provision of this Agreement is found to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision shall be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that this Agreement shall otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable. This Agreement is not assignable, transferable or sub-licensable by you except with brunei.events’s prior written consent.
A party that substantially prevails in an action brought under this Agreement is entitled to recover from the other party its reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs. Both parties agree that this Agreement is the complete and exclusive statement of the mutual understanding of the parties and supersedes and cancels all previous written and oral agreements, communications and other understandings relating to the subject matter of this Agreement, and that all modifications must be in a writing signed by both parties, except as otherwise provided herein.
No agency, partnership, joint venture, or employment is created as a result of this Agreement and you acknowledge that you do not have any authority of any kind to bind brunei.events in any respect whatsoever.